Greed, MacBeth

The one Character who I believe was the greediest in the play was of course lady Macbeth, she served as the motivating drive aside from his ambition. When King Duncan was to reside in their castle, a plan was made to murder him but Macbeth who was still questioning such idea in his head doubted that he should go along with it and also contemplated if he were to fail. It was lady Macbeth who encouraged him to push on because she wanted it more than he did.” I dare do all that may become a man, Who dares do more, is none.” stated Macbeth and replied LADY “What beast was’t then That made you break this enterprise to me? When you durst do it, then you were a man.” (1.7) it shows how Lady Macbeth is calling Macbeth a coward for not wanting to continue with the plane. Following that Lady Macbeth states “I would, while it was smiling in my face, Have plucked the nipple from his boneless gums, And dashed the brains out.” This reflects her sadistic attitude to enforce confidence in Macbeth to ensure that he goes along with the plan. Overall, she constitutes motivation for Macbeth, although fearful persuasion was her tactic, it worked nonetheless.